ROTW Certified Statistic
ROTW Certified Statistics represent the evidence-based consensus of three or more respected research studies… Learn more
This ROTW Certified Statistic is based on the following research:
- 40% National Opinion Research Center, University of Chicago; General Social Survey 2012
- 44% Pew Research Center, Washington, DC; Religion and Public Life Survey 2010
- 47% Public Religion Research Institute, Washington, DC; PRRI/RNS Religions News Survey 2011
- 48% The Institute for Studies of Religion, Baylor University; Baylor Religion Survey 2007
The parable of the Ten Virgins is a prophetic view of the church today, waiting for the return of Jesus Christ, with half of the church not saved and not realizing it.
Matthew 25:1-13 (NLT) - The Parable of the Ten Virgins
“Then the Kingdom of Heaven will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. The five who were foolish didn’t take enough olive oil for their lamps, but the other five were wise enough to take along extra oil. When the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
“At midnight they were roused by the shout, ‘Look, the bridegroom is coming! Come out and meet him!’
“All the bridesmaids got up and prepared their lamps. Then the five foolish ones asked the others, ‘Please give us some of your oil because our lamps are going out.’
“But the others replied, ‘We don’t have enough for all of us. Go to a shop and buy some for yourselves.’
“But while they were gone to buy oil, the bridegroom came. Then those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was locked. Later, when the other five bridesmaids returned, they stood outside, calling, ‘Lord! Lord! Open the door for us!’
“But he called back, ‘Believe me, I don’t know you!’
“So you, too, must keep watch! For you do not know the day or hour of my return.
- 2 Timothy 3:5 (NIV) - . . . having a form of godliness but denying its power.
- John 3:3 (ESV) - Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
- John 14:6 (ESV) - Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- Proverbs 16:27 (ESV) - A worthless man plots evil, and his speech is like a scorching fire.